Friday, January 15, 2010

tupperware as toys

one of my favourite blogs, ain't no mom jeans, wrote a post yesterday about play mats but she started off the post with this thought:

"Being inexperienced with kids in general, I was totally unaware that, given a choice between a piece of Tupperware and a lights and bells-make-your-baby-brilliant-machine, most babes would happily have the Tupperware any day of the week".

This made me laugh because it's so true! instead of wanting to play with all the flashy toys in my diaper bag, my assistant would much rather shake and chew on the tupperware container
that holds his soother. and recently i was babysitting a friend's little boy and when i brought out my tupperware bowls which became a favourite toy of the day.

so now that you realize that all tupperware that you buy also doubles as a toy, let's not forget about the classic shape-o toy that we all had as kids!

this particular one is 30 years old. my cousin first had it then it was passed down to me then on to my younger cousins. now it's my child's! a toy that ages well. for $33, that's a pretty great investment.

1 comment:

  1. I had that toy too! It is one of my favourite pieces of Tupperware, I should have said that at your last party!

    ReplyDelete