Sunday, October 24, 2010

18 day old organic lettuce

There is a new Thrifty Foods in Abbotsford and I went on grand opening day - October 6th. Before my party this past Thursday (oct.21), I opened my fridge to see if there were any veggies in my Fridgesmarts that I could take to the party to show. I remembered my lettuce and thought, "Shoot. I hate cleaning out lettuce that's gone bad." I opened up the Fridgesmart and VOILA! The lettuce is in almost perfect condition. Sure, the outside leaf had a little rust on the spine but all the leaves were crisp and totally salad worthy. This morning, I opened up the container to take a photo and it's still in great condition...18 days after I bought it!

According to the USDA, the average family of four discards around 24 pounds of fresh fruit and vegetables every month. That’s 72 pounds of fresh food per person, per year that ends up in the trash. Through proper storage, this set helps you prevent that waste and can pay for itself in a very short period of time. Especially when it's 50% off! Get the set at this price until November 12th.

Email rebeccashulba@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment